Wednesday, March 21, 2012

day 4

     This morning again I woke up all kinds of sore and with even more " I dont wanna!!"  I knew though that I needed to make today really count as tomorrow is an off day for me.  With work from 9a-7p, a play with my husband and in-laws from 8-10 and possibly The Hunger Games at midnight, I decided that tomorrow will make for a grand off day.  This does mean that I will work out while my father is in town this weekend to visit but I doubt he'll mind me getting my butt healthy. 
     
     I changed up my work out today which was much needed.  Today instead of Couch to 5K I did Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio and Last Minute Abs.  The first video is 30 minutes and makes me sweat like it is going out of style.  There is something really rewarding about sweating a ton after working out that makes you feel good, like you really accomplished something.  The other video was 5 minutes long and I was like "pssh, I got this."  That 5 minute video is my new addiction because it freaking kicked my ass!  It wasn't complicated but you could feel it, wooo!

     I have been drinking a ton of water over the past few days to stay hydrated and I have to say it isn't anywhere as touch as I thought.  Now when I feel "hungry" first I take a drink of water and wait a few minutes, if I'm still hungry then I eat.  If I'm not then I know I was actually a bit dehydrated.  Same goes for when I get a little nagging head ache, drink a glass of water and if in a few minutes the head ache isn't gone I will take some ibuprofen.  It's working out really well.


     Next up on the agenda is measurements - something else that never occurred to me (thank you Mo again for your wisdom.)  As you get in shape, weight can be a tricky subject as muscle weighs more than fat so another great way to track progress is to track your body measurements.  After some quick Googleing I found this picture/description:
  • Chest: Measure around the largest part of your chest.
  • Biceps: Measure midway between the top of your shoulder and elbow.
  • Waist: Measure at the narrowest point, approximately one inch above your belly button. No cheating! Don't pull in your belly or stick it out.
  • Hips: Measure your hips around the largest part of your buttocks with your heels together.
  • Thigh: Thighs are measured separately. Stand with your legs slightly apart. Measure your upper leg where the circumference is largest.

The sight directs that you use a fabric measuring tape and wear very thin or no clothes at all to take measurements and that you should not measure more than once a month as body changes can take 6 to 8 weeks for your body to change.  Ok.  I can do that.



My measurements are as follows: 
Chest: 47.5" - Biceps: 13.5" - Waist: 46.6" - Hips: 44.5"/47" - Thigh: 26.5"

You'll notice there are 2 measurements for my hips, let me 'splain.  The first number is around my hips, for sure, but unlike the average person I have something else there.  My stomach.  My stomach actually hangs over and creates a false size and a lot of hate and loathing on my part.  This is the biggest thing I want gone.  I wouldn't care if the rest of me stayed the same size as long as my stomach no longer hung.  Any who, the second measurement as I am sure you can guess by no is around my hips and the stomach that hangs over.  I also only measured my right bicep and my right thigh.    

tootles.  

2 comments:

  1. I LURVE the Hip Hope Abs 5 minute ones (I also have a butt and thighs one). They hurt, bigtime, lol.

    Keep goin' girl, we got this! ;)

    (Also, add a follow button!!! Grr)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the Butt & Thighs a 5 minute vid too?

      Thanks Lady!

      Button added, thanks for the heads up :)

      Delete