Tuesday, March 20, 2012

day 3

     This morning I woke up with a whole lot of "I don't want to" and "you can't make me."  I got to wake up late today since I didn't have to work, I'm a temp so my schedule can be kind of all over the place.  It really took something today and get out there to work out.  I did a whole lot of nothing, watched a movie and didn't get my but out the door until close to three, whining (to myself) the whole way.  


     I took a new route today, still trying to find something that works for me.  In my neighborhood there isn't really any place to run uninterrupted.  There are a bunch of people out and about and I have to cross the street a ton of times which gets frustrating.  I do have to say though that while out on just the regular street, passing people having trouble just walking or with fat hanging off them in icky ways can be just the motivation you need to keep going.  


     That being said I had next to no umph in my work out today.  I jogged 2 of the times fully and the third just shy of time.  Other than that I just walked.  I went 1.9 miles at a pace of 15:44 minutes/mile.  It sucks because I know that getting out and doing even a little something is better than not doing anything, but I feel like I wimped out.  Tomorrow I will push harder.  


     So yesterday I talked about goals, what I hadn't considered though was reward.  How am I going to reward myself for all the work that I have done?  This thought hadn't even crossed my mind, but it was brought up to me today and I really didn't know where to go with it.  I have a big goal for three months from now but what about every month leading up to then?  Am I really worth the reward?  There are tons of things that I would like but what would I really consider reward for working out?  For now I am going with a Mani/Pedi.  I would really love new work out shoes and clothes, one of those iPhone armbands so I don't have to keep my phone in a Ziploc bag in my bra while I run.  So those are also options.


     I ate really well today too, I am going to put a separate post for what I made for dinner tonight, it turned out quite yummy.  


     My feet are sore and I ache just about everywhere, but over all I feel good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment