Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tilapia Wraps

Tilapia Wraps 


Perpetration: Few ingredients / > 30 minutes 
Taste: 4 out of 5 


This recipe is inspired by one that I saw on the Whole Foods website. 


INGREDIENTS: 

  • Frozen Tilapia (mine was from TJ's) Three filets about as long as my hand 
  • 2 Peppers (I used a yellow and orange) 
  • Handful of Cherry Tomatoes 
  • Avocado 
  • Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps 
  • Oil (about a teaspoon) 
  • 1 tsp. Cayenne Powder 
  • 1 tsp. Cumin 
  • 1 tsp. Sea Salt 
  • 1 tsp. Ground Pepper 
  • Lime 
INSTRUCTIONS:


Chop thawed tilapia into about 1 inch chunks.  

Julienne peppers, cut tomatoes in half - place aside.  
Mix Cayenne, Cumin, Sea Salt & Ground Pepper in a medium bowl.
Chop up the avocado & set aside.
Warm a pan on medium heat.  Add oil.
Add tilapia to bowl with spices and toss until all pieces are really coated.
Throw tilapia in the pan and break into smaller pieces as it cooks and flakes.  
Now you're all set to assemble your yummy wraps, squeeze on lime to add more zest.






As with most recipes, it's all about your taste, this is just how I made it.  I didn't actually measure the spices, I just eye balled it.  
My husband and I each had 2 wraps and were satisfied.  There are enough leftovers for one more over stuffed wrap or two small ones.






If you try this recipe or it inspires you to create 
one of your own, please leave a comment.    






  

No comments:

Post a Comment