Tuesday, April 17, 2012

30 days strong

     So here I am on the far side of my first ever-of-any-kind 30 day challenge and I 'd like to say that I have really come out on to.  Out side of committing to getting healthy, starting this blog is one of the smartest things I have ever done.  I feel like it really keeps me accountable.  Even if no one reads this blog every day I fess up to what I did or did not do and I can really talk about how it is going for me.  Because of that I am challenging my self to 30 more days (which brings me to May 17th) of blogging everyday.  


     When I started this I was 204.3lbs and my BMI was 41.3.  Today I am 191.4lbs and my BMI is 38.7.  I've lost 6.32% of my body weight and I have gone from being Morbidly Obese (BMI of 41 or greater) to plain old Obese (BMI 30-40.)  That is huge.  I had a goal to lose 15 lbs by June 15th and I am already 86% there with only 2.1lbs to go.  I work out no less than a half an hour no less then 5 days a week, I've done a few 6 day weeks.  I now know myself as some one capable of doing this which was not the case before.  


     This evening I will do measurements and take another picture and set if up cartoon style.  I'll also do a regular clothed full body shot.  I'm going to start adding in some more photos.  I've said before how much I'm inspired by Kelly at Kelly is Losing Weight - Future curvy & fit girl and I think that something that she does that really works for me are all the pictures.  While I don't know that I'll have a photo after each work out I will start to document with photos better.  Like many that are over weight, I really shy away from being in photos.  But I am turning that all around now.


     woo!  Here's to 30 more days!


xoxo


  

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome, you're doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Having peeps like you and the other awesome ladies out in the blog world makes a big difference.

      Delete