Thursday, May 24, 2012

hitting the wall

     After a strong week last week this one has been less than awesome for me.  I really feel like I am hitting the wall with my whole routine.  I don't want to work out I don't want to run, I don't care about the marathon or the 5k I have next weekend, I just feel like everything sucks.  
Losing my assignment at DY and having my period I'm sure really don't help my case any.  N and I got into it yesterday (and by "got into it" I mean I was a total bitch while he tried to encourage me)when I hadn't worked out and was feeling down on myself since not working out yesterday had me blow my 5 days a week goal.  Though my measurements are going down my weight is up and down.  


     I am fast approaching my June 15th date of my goal of having lost 15lbs which I have done and maintained, but I did really think I would be farther along by now.  I'm so scared that if this up and down keeps going on that I'm not going to have kept it off by then.  If I don't make that weigh in I know I'll feel like this was all for nothing.  


     I haven't been blogging because I know it keeps me honest and I don't want to be honest, I want to ignore it all and just go back to not dealing with it.  Ugh.  When I'm high on this I'm high on it, but when I get low it is so freaking low, you know? 


     I want to be healthy, I want to be fit, I want to be thinner, comfortable in my own skin and for crying out loud, now would be nice.  


     I half assed my way though my work out today.  I didn't do a lot of it, I either just swayed or jogged in place, my attention span may have expired on this Biggest Loser vid.  I'd love recommendations of vids that you love.  


     What's going on in the world at large?  You ladies and gents ever hit the wall like this?  What do you do to get past?


     xoxo

6 comments:

  1. accountability usually helps me to get past a wall, if you have plans to meet with me for a run or a class or video or something, chances are you'll be more likely to come through, because you get to see my pretty face :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do a class together this week or go for a walk. That would be an amazing way to get caught up and get in some work. I am so excited for you! (For those of you don't know, this young miss is a new addition to the weight loss blog world. She is strong and amazing and I highly suggest you follow her & help get her get going)

      Delete
  2. I have hit that wall many a time. It can be a really hard thing to get past. Maybe changing up your workouts? I LOVE anything and everything Jillian Michaels, also The Firm and Brazil Butt Lift. Maybe try some new recipes to keep food exciting? And just keep reminding yourself of what you want and why you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need to change my work outs. I run into this problem all the time where I really like to have a video that I know and can count on but then I run into this invisible expiration date with them, get bored and then just drop out. Yes! Staying clear on my goals is a big one. New York City Marathon 2014.

      Delete
  3. 1) It's that time of the month, so you cannot give too much weight to how you feel at this moment.

    2) When I get this way, I buy groupons or living social deals for fitness classes or boot camps or gyms. They're usually $25-40 for 30 days of unlimited classes or gym access. There's actually one in Brooklyn on livingsocial today. http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/234/deals/313142-one-month-of-unlimited-boot-camp-classes. I don't know about that particular program, but the ones I've done always have an intense looking website, but then the classes have a huge range of fitness levels and modifications. Look into the fine print and schedule though before you buy.

    I've done a few of these type of programs for the 30 day trials, and that gets me out of a rut because it's different, and I'm cheap so I go to absolutely every class I can to get the most out of the money.

    - Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this idea, thank you! What a great way to keep things new & exciting! We should do a class together or get in a good long walk to catch up again.

      Delete