Saturday, July 7, 2012

brief thoughts on weight

     Today was a good day.  I did some of the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga video as my work out for the day.  
Tonight while we were walking home from dinner, I carried N home on my back for 1 1/4 blocks.  It was a great way to test my strength.  The hardest part was that he kept sliding off my hips.  I wanted to try to take one step up onto our stoop but he said no way.  I may try that more often, it was a great work out.  When I weigh in tomorrow I am going to have him hop on the scale so I can see how much I was carrying.  


     Weigh in is tomorrow.  I really look forward to it so much every week, not even just for the weeks where there are losses.  It is so great to get a serious reality check each week as to the work I am doing. I can "feel" how ever I want to about my work outs and the way I ate but at the end of the week when I step on the scale I can have proof to the work that I have done.  Whether it's a gain or a loss I really don't care because I know that I have control over the number.  For me my weight used to be something so beyond myself that I had no control over and couldn't get a handle on (that was a crock of bs, just what I told myself) and now my weight is mine and in my control.  When I get bummed out it's at me, not the number.  The number is just the proof of the work I have put in.  Same goes for measurements when I take them.  It's so incredibly empowering.  


     So up or down, my weight it in my control.  Calories in, calories out.  Simple but not easy.


      xoxo  

No comments:

Post a Comment