Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weigh In - Day 137



174.4 lbs.
-.2 lbs from last week
-29.9 lbs total loss

      Down is down.
 Down is down.  Down is down.  Ugh, I just have to keep telling myself that.  It was super tough to wake up this morning and that be my weigh in right before leaving for vacation.  I got over it quickly though.

     So i have already had some freak outs about food while down here.  I did good on breakfast with an omelet with spinach, broccoli & provolone, only ate about 2 bites of the homefries and told them not to bring the toast.  It was a while before I ate lunch and I had tuna with some cucumbers.  Dinner was another story.  My family ordered in pizza.  Greasy, thin crust, cheese pizza.  Oh dear god.  Welcome to a trigger food I didn't know I had.  At the thought of the pizza (and writing about it now) my mouth began to water.  I started to panic.  I didn't know what I was going to do.  I mean I knew I wasn't going to have any pizza but how was I going to be in the same room as it and smell its goodness.  I could inhale one of those badboys on my own at one point.  After a few minutes of sheer panic I did something incredible.  I had some hummus with cucumbers to curb my hunger and then I ran up stairs, changed my clothes, grabbed my phone and my arm band and I went for a run.  The last time I ran was in May when I did the 5k.  In Couch to 5k the last run I did was Week 4 Day 3.  I picked right up today with Week 5 Day 1.  5 minute warm up walk, 5 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 5 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 5 minute jog and 5 minutes to cool down.  I made it mostly all the way though, in the last jog I crapped out with like 2 minutes to go but I made it up with jogging a little extra in the cool down.  At my fastest I was doing an 11:30 minute mile, my best time.  At my slowest I was doing like 19 minute miles, lol. 

     Whoa.  What a freaking day.  I had a small, late dinner of falafel, a little coleslaw & potato salad. 

     We spent some time in the ocean today which was great.  It was so warm and the waves were just great.  I am wiped out!  A day that started out not so great ended up just being so incredible.  One of the things I LOVE about running is that I have great moments of clarity that I don’t get doing anything else.  My though today as my run was ending was this:  “I never return from a run the same person that I was when I left.”  Talk about truth.  This journey is just unbelieveable.  

     xoxo

6 comments:

  1. that was just a great day for you in so many ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be so proud of yourself! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right - a down is a down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when it doesn't feel like it, down is down!

      Delete