Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 145 - Weigh In


173.0 lbs.
-1.4 lbs from last week
-31.3 lbs total loss


     I. Lost. Weight. On. VACATION!!!!
     Wow.  I really didn't know what to expect.  I worked out every day I was there in one way or another.  2 days in a row I actually worked out twice (Insanity in the morning and jogging about 2.25 miles in the evening.)  In addition to that I was in the sun and swimming in the ocean every day.  I was decent with my food.  I slipped up once or twice with an unneeded slice of quesadilla here or too many servings of pasta there, but over all I did great.  I made good choices as Kelly would say.  


     I am so thrilled to be past the 30lb mark!  I feel like I approached and stalled just before that one for a bit.  My current weigh in has me 42% complete towards my goal of losing 74.3lbs!  WOOO!


     This week in Insanity is all the same work out Core Cardio and Balance.  It's supposed to be a week over recovery after all the intense stuff for the past 4 weeks.  It's a great video.  I had a hard time getting into today but I think for the week moving forward I will be good.


     While on vacation I reread Michael Pollan's In Defense Of Food.  The first time I read it I didn't finish it and I was newly a vegetarian and inundating myself with information.  This go round was so much more helpful.  It's a quick read and I highly suggest it.  Today when N and I went food shopping, I shopped much better.  Whole foods, fruits, veggies, frozen fish.  Less prepackaged & processed stuff.  


     What a week this was!  So thankful for my family and friends that are such a big support to me.  Love you all and let's make this coming week a good one!


     xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! So glad you had fun and made it back safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara Kidd CalvanoAugust 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM

    You are so great! You are displaying the traits of a powerful, loving, healthy, and vital person! When you slip you just get back on the wagon. You sound amazing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete