Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 242

I went out to Staten Island today with some people to help in the relief effort.  We made a difference, however small.  I don't really know what to say about it.  It was devastating to see.  I took some photos but don't really want to share them.  I would Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Minds some of that stuff right out of me if I could.  

My mood's been down since I've been back.  I want to throw out everything I own.  Things that I wouldn't want to waste the time shoveling if they were soaking wet and on the ground.  

I cried a bunch on the phone with Mo and I have no doubt I will cry more once N is home.  I feel kind of numb right now.  I've pushed it aside so I don't cry anymore.  I want to go back and help more but what can I do, just me?  I was going to go to the shelter in Park Slope tonight to work the 8p to 12a shift but I chickened out.  

I am still painfully sore from my dance with Insanity.  I'm sure I will feel it in my arms tomorrow from the lifting I did today.  

Tell everyone you love, that you love them.
Throw out 5 things you don't need, don't love and doesn't make you happy.  
Use your body, live in it happily and comfortably.  It's the only one you get and it's perfect.

xoxo

   

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really awesome that you took the time and went and helped out. We donated some stuff ourselves. I can understand how seeing how some other people were affected first hand can take a toll on you. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose so much.

    ReplyDelete