Thursday, February 21, 2013

2.21.13

Today was a slow day at home.  
Nothing to take care of, nothing to do.  I mostly read, watched some NCIS and nursed my knee.  

I was quite sore in my knee today so I made sure I took good care of it.  Ice and heat and drank plenty of fluids.  When I went to the gym today I started with my PT exercises and did some downward dog and upward dog (not cobra, got that straightened out by Mo.  Thanks!) to get a real good stretch in then headed up to the cardio room and hopped on the treadmill.  I don't know what it is about the NYSC that I am at now, but I get really nervous/self conscience there.  I really need to focus when I am there so I don't compare myself to the other people there.  Anyway.  I did 15 minutes backwards on the treadmill at about 2.4 mph and then did some side steps (30 seconds on either side) then did a brisk walk (about 3.5-4 mph) for the next 15 minutes.  I really got my heart pumping which is great, what I have really been missing since injuring my knee.  I am nervous about this weeks weigh in already so I am really working on keeping those feelings at bay.

Nothing much else.  I iced and heated my knee again once home but it's still a little puffy.  I have PT tomorrow afternoon so Turk will let me know if it's all good or if I should calm down.

Night all! 

xo






No comments:

Post a Comment