Friday, February 1, 2013

324 - Real Recovery begins!

     YAY!  I finally got my knee offically looked at!!  
I have quadricep and patella tendonitis.  Amazing, so amazing.  You know why?  Tendonitis can heal!  Today at my appointment Turk did a lost of manipulation to provoke my knee to work out how bad the injury was and where it is exactly.  He did some massage that broke up the scar tissue that had built up, a TENS machine and ultrasound.  It was a great appointment.  For the next 4 weeks I'll be getting treated twice a week.  

     We'll be focusing on strengthening the opposing muscles that are injured/stressed.  Over the next 4 weeks I am going to work on strengthening my core and upper body.  I would image that Turk will also be giving me things that I can work on [core, glutes, hamstrings, etc.]  I think a new goal of mine is to get a more well rounded workout.  I have to find a way to keep mixing it up.  

     Woo!

1 comment:

  1. Great news about the knee! Before you know it it will be back to normal! xx

    ReplyDelete