Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Blogversary!

204 And Losing It is one year old today!  



I may not have posted every day but if it weren't for this blog I would have never come as far as I have, this really gave me the space to open up and get out of my head.  

Here are links to the first two posts I ever put up:
beginning
Working towards goals

Today was my appointment with Dr. Kaufman.  One year later, almost to the day, and I have a clean bill of health.  My Hemoglobin A1c is 5.5.  I am no longer pre diabetic.  I reversed it.  I am fucking awesome.  My cholesterol is spot on.  The rest of my blood stuff was great, liver and kidney function were all top notch.  I also had an Ashkenazi panel done and am not a carrier for Tay-Sachs but the word isn't in yet on Canavan.  I don't know if I have to wait to hear back about that or what, I'll read that form again.   

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am about the all clear that I got today.  Dr. Kaufman was so surprised when he saw me today.  The last time we saw each other was 9 months ago.  Big difference.

Thank you all so much for reading for this past year (in whole or in parts) it's made such a difference to have you out there cheering me on.  

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Cant believe you have been posting for a year! Whoop Whoop! And huge congrats on being in the All Clear! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don't comment often, but I read every post. So proud of you!! Get it!! I totally understand knee pain stuff (I had to have surgery), but you're still kicking major ass. Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Congrats on all your amazing progress!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete