Saturday, April 13, 2013

The OK

Today I finally went to have a follow up appointment with Turk after my MRI.
 My MRI was about a month ago and we saw that there was no structural damage, just some swelling & scar tissue build up.  At first look Turk noticed the swelling that was still present in my knee and leg.  He took into account the soreness I was experiencing and then we go to work.  He manipulated my knee, poked and prodded it, iced, heated and used the TENS machine on it.  He even scolded me, lol.  My knee defies reason.  It was never tight, I have full range of motion and strength in all the places we spent time working on.  This was actually making me really nervous.  Even though he was saying that everything looked great I was afraid that it meant there was going to be something in the background, something else that had to be wrong.  I was mistaken.  Instead of the other shoe dropping I was given the all clear to start working out again.  Turk wants me to keep working on my core strength to best support myself so I don't reinjure myself, go easy on squats/lunges and to avoid *poof* becoming a runner again.  To make sure that I hit all the steps in the middle before hitting 100%.

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to get back at it.  N and I have been talking out a plan for me to ease back into working out.  I'm thinking every other day for a while and alternating between the 30 Day Shred and Couch to 5k.  Between those days I am thinking keeping up with my PT excercises and crunches.

Holy wow.

Now some pictures:

Yay pictures!
New hair color "summer peach"


new shorts SIZE 8!

Side shot of me.  Holy crap!



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment