Monday, June 17, 2013

461

I am super worn out today and with no formal work out.  
A few days ago I started wearing my minimalist sneakers again to start re training all those lovely muscles in my feet and legs.  Let me tell you it is a work out.  For the past few days I have walked to and from work and stood all day in as close to bare feet as you can come.  It's really great and I can fell myself correcting the way that I stand, rolling my feet outward (they roll in since I have flat feet) and really supporting myself with my legs.  I mean I know that sounds silly because what they heck else am I supporting myself with, but more that it it's an active thing and not passive.

Whatever you want to call it I am freaking exhausted from it.  I was in the store today and stood for 8 hours, practically barefoot.  What I love the most is that I'm not sore when I get up the next day.  I don't have any pain in my feet or knees or anything, just your basic soreness from really using your muscles the day before.

I need some stretching maybe yoga.  I always talk about doing yoga and then never do.  I know it's something that would be so great for me but I don't really have the funds for classes and I always feel silly in classes with other people.  I have a hard time not comparing myself to them.  I don't go in to work tomorrow until 3:30 so I will look around.  We'll see.  

Something else interesting.  I didn't have any coffee today and I was totally fine.  Just an interesting tidbit.  I usually need it on my early shift days but I was good today, just made just I drank plenty of water and it turend out to be a good day.  I dig it.


No comments:

Post a Comment