Tuesday, July 9, 2013

483

I meant to post last night but by the time I remembered it was 4am.
 I'm not normally up so late but I was working on prepping my body clock because I am doing a overnight at work tonight.  I'm going in to work tonight at 9pm and should be done sometime between 5 and 6am tomorrow.  I'm actually kind of excited.  I'll post more about it later.

To recap, on Sunday I joined a gym.  I joined the Planet Fitness near my place in Brooklyn.  I got the Black Card membership which has all kinds of great benefits.  My 2 favorites being that I can go to ANY Planet Fitness location and 2nd being that I can bring a guest with me when ever I go.  I really like the idea that it's free for other people to come with me.  They get some free time in a gym and I get to have a buddy.  So really if you ever want to come to the gym, please let me know.  

Yesterday I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and jumped around some weight machines for about 30 minutes.  Today I did 50 minutes on the elliptical and 40 minutes bouncing around to different machines.  My schedule is really open this week because of my overnight so it's a great way to kick start getting back into the habit of working out.  

Tomorrow I'll have yoga in the evening at Mala for the last class in the 3 class pack that I bought.  Sadly I won't be able to do both the gym and yoga.  I am going to ask tomorrow though if they do work/study.  If I can work and get one free class a week that would be awesome.  If they say no, at least I tried.  I'll bring it up in tomorrow evenings class.  

I forgot how much I need to eat when I work out regularly.  It's only been 2 days and I can feel the difference in my appetite.  I am actually hungry, like need nutrition not I'm bored and have nothing else to do hungry.  Also, when working out I want better food.  My brain and body crave veggies and fruits and whole food when I'm working out.  I did the equation thing from Insanity to figure out how many calories I should consume each day to loose weight.  At about 154 lbs, being 29 and 4'11" I need to consume 1788 calories a day.  When you are eating whole foods & vegetarian, that is a shit ton of calories.  400 calories of veggies is huge comparatively to 400 calories of meat or oil.  Yikes.  LOL.  I'm not following it to a t like I did when I first did [mostly because there isn't much food in the house now, we're going food shopping tomorrow night.] Keeping that number in mind, though, will make a big difference.  

I gotta run.  Time to get dressed and head out for work.

xoxo   

1 comment:

  1. Great workouts and good luck with the new gym!

    I definitely find myself a bit hungrier when I'm working out but I also need to snack smart because if I eat too much, I end up feeling lethargic and weighed down.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete