Friday, August 23, 2013

A new look.

For a while I'd been wanting to give this blog a face lift.
Something to really breathe new life into it, and I think I hit the nail on the head. After sifting through tons of templates that I hated and made the blog look crazy and cluttered I decided to just go through the advanced style options. I'm really happy with the way it looks. I may still change a few things but I feel proud looking at it again. 

You may also notice that I changed the sub heading. Over the next few months I am going in a different direction and I really want the blog to come with me. While weight loss is still on my mind and a measurable result that is easy to quantify it isn't my passion anymore, it isn't what drives me.  Since I stopped being able to run, close to a year ago, I've been a mess. With my gym membership and access to good weight training and the elliptical I feel like I can slowly start training again. I know what my crutches and hurdles are so I will be smart about this. With this new goal, I feel alive again. 

I'm currently training to run a half marathon. That's 13.1 consecutive miles. I needed something big that seems close to impossible to pull me forward. The thought of completing that kind of run  gives me chills and really gets me determined to work hard. Again, there are going to be ups and downs to this journey, but I'm going to catalog them here as a reminder to myself of what I'm capable of. 

I'm going to post more from my phone and really utilize the technology at hand. I think it will make positing seem less formal to me and give me more freedom when I write. I can then make any format changes I see fit afterward. 

I'm really excited and really scared to take this on. I'm adding 10 miles to the longest distance that I've ever run at once. I'm afraid of the work, I'm afraid of getting hurt again, I'm afraid of not being able to build up the mileage. I'm afraid, but I'm going to do it anyway. 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment