Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weigh In

155.2



It seems like the weight I picked up while injured has fallen back off which is really great.  This week I was at Bikram twice.  I learned 2 really important things about Bikram this week.  
#1: Never go to Bikram before a full shift at the end of the week.  Holy crap.  I went to the 10am class right before I worked a 12:30p-9:30p shift on Friday and I was exhaused for the rest of the day. 
#2: The UWS studio is too hot.  I mean I get it.  It's Bikram.  The room is 105+ degrees at 50% humidity.  I'm so there.  But the studio on the UWS was like a million fucking times hotter.  The teacher at the Flatiron studio warned me about it but I didn't think it would be that big of a difference.  I took her advice and made sure I got a spot towards the outside of the room near the windows.  It hardly made a difference.  In the future I will be sticking to the Flatiron and Midtown studios, both of which are super easy to get to from home and from work which makes a big difference.  

If I hadn't already said, I'm doing the intro student package with Bikram Yoga NYC which is 30 days of Bikram Yoga for $30 which is just out of this world because 1 class is normally $25.  I've only been 3 times so far but woo, I dig it.  

Most people are very like you have to go every day, but that really doesn't work for my schedule.  My deal runs out November 3rd or 4th so I'm just going to work on getting in as many classes as I can before then.  

N and I are going to get over to the Planet Fitness today since I have been super neglecting my membership over there.  I have also super neglected [read: stopped doing] this great workout calendar that I started when I first began working out.  It was a way for me to see what I had been up to and a way that I could really relate to my results for the week or month.  I opened that Google Doc back up and added the link back to the top of the page.  I'm going to be super simplifying it.  I have a tendency to go over board on shit and then not keep up with it.  So I'll just be marking down the days I work out and a quick not about what I did so I have something solid to look back on.  

This past Thursday while I was with my Girls on The Run Girls they did their first "practice 5k."  I put that in quotes because it wasn't really measured.  It was just the first time that they just ran/jogged/walked for a longer period of time.  I cannot even begin to tell you how proud I was of them.  Some ran the whole time, others broke it up and some walked and just jogged to check in with myself or the other coach, CG.  We took the girls into Prospect Park and had them jog back and forth on the road between two points marked by my self and CG.  Along the way a group of girls found a turtle in the road and ran it over to me for safe keeping.  At the end of practice I released the turtle back into the water that we were right next too.  The girls were so proud of themselves for running and that they did the right thing by getting the turtle back to his home.  I swear I am watching them grow right before my eyes and I have only known them for 4 weeks.  I'm going to be a basket case come the end of the season in December.

"CJ" our unofficial mascot at GOTR 

No comments:

Post a Comment