Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12-3-13

Active day all around.  
My morning stared slow.  I got up when N got up for work this morning and took care of the Pineapple BBQ Chicken we had going over night in the the crockpot.  N said it was great so I was happy.

The rest of the morning I lounged around and then it was Girls on the Run.  Since the 5k is this Sunday we needed to get a run in.  We did 2 loops in the center of the park which is right around 3 miles total.  I did get to job but my girls were not moving.  Nothing would motivate them.  I do have one girl who is really who I keep going back for.  She's amazing.  All season she's been at the back of the line when it comes to running.  English is a second language to her, she is shy and often left out by the other girls.  She has become more outspoken and more confident and today she was encouraging the other girls to run [they flat out fucking ignored her when she spoke to them - it was so hard not to scream at them!]  She was so amazing today and I was so proud.  I've been making it a point to tell her how proud I am of her and that all of her effect makes such a big difference.  At one point she asked me to make the other girls run after they ignored her and I told her I can't make them do anything but you can do what is right for you.  She was stunned.  I let her know that people won't always listen or follow you but you can always do whats right for you.  She got it instantly.  She started to jog and followed her.  The other girls started to jog a little too.  She was ahead of them all too, she's been learning to pace her self.  I cannot even believe I've had the chance to work with her.  ***  I just cried a bit, being moved by the impact I've had on her and all the girls and the impact they have had on me.  They've really taught me so much more than I could have expected.  I cannot believe my time with them is almost done.  

N and I really got some work done in our apartment today once he was home from work.  We rearranged our living room to get ready for getting a Christmas tree and we really did a number on cleaning and organizing and making a great plan for some stuff we've been meaning to do for a few years.

This Sunday we are getting a new love seat & chair.  They belonged to N's folks but they are redoing their office so they are giving them to us!  Yay!  I'm so stoked to get rid of the futon.  The love seat is smaller than what we have but comfortable is what I'm looking for.  And the chair!  It's the kind of chair you'd sit in at a Barnes & Noble.  Like actually.  His father got it from a store that was closing or moving or whatever.  Very cool.

Lastly we got some mouse deterrent from a favorite local store, GoGreen, to try to put the kabash on this mouse.  It's a packet of spearmint and peppermint and I guess mice hate them.  I dunno, dude is a little fucker.  

Alright.  Midshift tomorrow. Then 2 days off in a row.  WHAT?!  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment