Tuesday, December 24, 2013

160.2lbs & broken wrist update

Super shocked at the weight maintenance as I've been 100% sedentary & eating things I wouldn't normally. All the reading I've done about healing does say that bone repair uses a ton of calories. Sweet deal. 

Sleeping is still all over the place. I stayed up until 4am last night, slept until 9am on the couch and then moved into bed where I slept until 12:30pm. It was actually the best sleep I've had in a while. 

This weekend N and I traveled to PA to surprise my father for his birthday. It was really awesome, he had no idea we were coming. C, his g/f, set the whole thing up. She told my dad they were going out to dinner with her mom but first she had to pick up her nephew from the Trenton train station. My day was so happy and shocked to see us instead. 

I have to say, I don't care that I'll be 30 in just a few months, I am so glad I've gotten to see both of my parents so soon after the accident. I saw my mom in like a week and my dad just before two. I love them so much and they're really just the best anyone could ask for. They love and support me so much that even though I'm all growed up and married now, I can not imaging doing this with out them. I love you Mo. I love you Daddie-o. 

There's really nothing like an accident like this for you to realize how many wonderful people you have in your life that are just really ready to drop everything and just be there for you. Since the accident it's been really clear to me about what is really important to me, seeing the world and just being with the people that I love. Like I really cannot wait to go back to work, even, just to see the family I've built there in the past few months. So many people that I want to learn more about, laugh with, cry with and be there for. 

I cannot wait to see my crazy family the day after Christmas and just be with them the way they are. And my husband's family, ugh, just the most loving bunch of people that welcomed me with the widest arms. 

How could there be anything in life more important then the people we share it with? Hobbies and possessions and money and are nothing with out those people to share it with. 

Now that my eyes and nose are thoroughly leaking I'm going to go. I love you wild people. Please go out and love some one too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment