Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting 2014

There are quite a few things that I want to make sure I do with my short time on this planet.  I don't have a really well thought out list of all of those things but others are really clear. As an example, it was important to me that I leave the country at least once before turning thirty. Good on me, I've left 3 times and plan on going  to many other places. Two other things in mind were getting a quarter or half sleeve tattoo and shaving my head. I did one of this things in my bathroom about 2 days ago. Good guess that it wasn't the half sleeve tattoo. 

After my accident some things seemed to get really clear and others wilted away from the column of things that matter. One of the items that slipped off of the things that I concern myself list are others' views of what I [or others] should look like. I buzzed my already short hair down because it's something I have wanted to do since I was 14. I never did it because I thought that others would scoff at me and call me crazy. But now I'm not concerned with what others think or say about me.  What I am concerned with is moving down the list of "I've always wanted to do that!" Beacuse shit son, everything can change, or end, in a moment. 

Make the moments count. 

There's a lot of beauty in this world, mine included, it's time that happiness dictated it and not the imposed views of others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment