Tuesday, June 24, 2014

lessons learned

Things I've learned today from my garden:

  • You're seldom too tired to do the things you love.
  • It's better to take a break when you're tired than to do a half ass job that you'll regret later.  
  • Taking care of something other than yourself can give you the space you need to take care of yourself.
  • Patients is key.  Even if things do not go the way you want giving things time to run their course is worth it.

     Two weeks ago I did something I have been saying for ages that I was going to try.  I wanted to infuse vodka.  I was given such a great opportunity with the garden and used fresh mint from my own garden to infuse it.  I packed in a handful of fresh picked and washed leaves and stuck it in a corner where I couldn't see it.  I set a reminder on my phone and waited.  Today the alarm went off and I was so excited to try my mint vodka.  I popped some ice in a glass, strained out the leaves from the bottle and poured some of the vaguely green liquid into my glass.  I took a sip and ::BLERGUH:: that shit was disgusting.  It was worse than I could have ever expected.  Worse than mouth wash.  Oh man.  OK.  Back to the drawing board.  I'm going to do some research and then get back to it, possibly with some basil.  


No comments:

Post a Comment